A new season of After School Club, family workshops and storytelling sessions for children and families
Alongside the fabulous productions on stage, Theatre Royal Brighton’s Creative Learning programme offers a whole host of exciting, unusual and engaging workshops and events off stage for adults, children, young people and families.
These activities give everyone an opportunity to find out more about theatre and experience the historic and beautiful Theatre Royal Brighton that has stood at the centre of the city’s arts and entertainment scene for over 210 years.
Skip’s After School Club
Friendly, fun and informal, Skip’s After School Club takes place every other Wednesday during term time. Each themed session includes drama and craft activities and a look on stage. Skip’s After School Club is a great way for children 6 – 10 yrs to find out more about theatre, make friends and enjoy trying new things.
Wednesdays 4pm – 5.30pm £7.50 per session.
- 24 Jan NARNIA take a trip through the wardrobe into the magical land of Narnia
- 7 Feb DRAGONS celebrate Chinese New Year with all sorts of dragons
- 21 Feb CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY a sweet and sugary workshop!
- 7 Mar FAERIE & ELFIN SCHOOL spells, enchantments, mischief and mayhem
- 21 Mar SUPER HEROES get your cape on for this funny and heroic session!
Skip’s Family Workshops
Children, 5 – 10 years old, and their grownups get to make, play and have fun together in these friendly and informal sessions. Workshops are led by experienced and creative artists and theatre makers who guide participants through themed sessions, encouraging imaginations to run wild! Each session includes a look on stage, drinks and biscuits.
Saturdays 10.30am – 12.30pm £7.50 children £6.50 adults.
- 20 Jan CAT IN THE HAT Today it’s a rainy day and an extraordinary cat comes to play in this crazy, activity filled session inspired by Dr Suess’s The Cat in the Hat book!
- 17 Feb MARY POPPINS Look who’s blown in today – it’s the practically perfect in every way Mary Poppins, the nanny who carries a parrot headed umbrella and an aspidistra in her carpet bag! Get crafty with a host of themed activities based around the much loved heroine of the books by P.L Travers.
- 17 Mar ALICE IN WONDERLAND Tumble down the rabbit hole and meet Alice and her friends in Wonderland for a session filled with playing cards, mad hatters and haughty caterpillars!
Stories With Skip
A perfect introduction To Theatre Royal Brighton for little ones. Stories, puppets, games, mini makes and lots of joining in for 2 – 4 year olds and their adults. SATURDAYS 10am – 11am Ages 2 – 4 £5 children £3 adults.
- 3 Feb Today we are being PIRATES… aaarrrr!!!
- 3 Mar Today we are celebrating SPRING
Find out more: http://www.atgtickets.com/venues/theatre-royal-brighton/