Good causes in West Crawley were given more than £6,000 at the latest County Local Committee (CLC) meeting.
Committee members considered new applications for Community Initiative Funding and allocated grants to five different causes.
- Crawley Community Youth Services – £1,000 towards venue hire, bouncy castle and promotional costs for the Crawley Community Youth Services Family Fun Day
• Ifield Barns Art Centre – £2,000 to replace equipment for the Ifield Mayfayre including a marquee, folding tables and party tents
• LPK Learning CIC – £2,687.77 towards project costs for courses and activities, venue hire and a variety of equipment
• Reaching Families – £297.38 towards a Lexmark printer and other office supplies
• The Nautical Training Corp – £278 towards a ‘working rig’ (uniform) for members
Chairman of the CLC, Chris Oxlade, said: “It was apt that the decision on this latest round of funding was made during small charities week – something which is right at the heart of our communities in West Sussex.
“These voluntary organisations make a significant difference to the lives of residents
in Crawley and it is a pleasure to be able to support them through the Community Initiative Funding.”
The deadline for the next round of funding is 21 August which will be decided at the West Crawley CLC meeting on 21 September 2016 at 7.00pm in the Longley Exhibition Room of Crawley Library.