Last year, Gatwick selected St Catherine’s as its local Charity of the Year and the two year partnership has already exceeded all expectations.
A year in, Gatwick has smashed its fundraising target, thanks to inventive fundraising activities including:
• Auctioning Amoolia Earhart, a decorated cow that stood in the South Terminal
• Selling discounted old laptops to staff
• Entering a 15 strong Gatwick’s Airside Operations Team into Tough Mudder
• Giving passengers the opportunity to donate to coin globes in airport terminals
• Launching a £20 staff fundraising spring challenge.
Melanie Wrightson, Community Engagement Manager at Gatwick Airport, said: “We’re thrilled that we’ve managed to raise such a fantastic amount for St Catherine’s and would like to thank all our staff for their individual and combined fundraising efforts. St Catherine’s is Gatwick’s local hospice, so we know how vital the care and support it provides to people in our local community is. It’s a privilege to raise money to help them do this.”
Lucy Bowden, Philanthropy Manager at St Catherine’s, said: “It’s been fantastic to engage with local staff at one of the biggest employers in our area, and we can’t thank Gatwick enough for their enthusiasm and incredible support. We’re looking forward to more exciting fundraising activities in the year ahead as our successful partnership goes from strength to strength.”
Gatwick’s support helps St Catherine’s be there to provide expert care to local people when life comes full circle. If you’d like to help your local hospice too, please visit: www.stch.org.uk