Survivors’ Network are pleased to confirm that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be visiting our centre on Wednesday 3rd October where they will be meeting with service users, volunteers and staff.
Sharon Marks, Chair of Trustees at Survivors’ Network, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be visiting Survivors’ Network, the Rape Crisis centre for Sussex, where they will hear about the challenges facing survivors of sexual violence and their supporters.”
Survivors’ Network supported over 1500 people of all ages and genders over the last year, offering counselling, therapeutic groups, drop-in groups, a helpline and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors, as well as activities supporting well-being and recovery such as yoga and a community allotment project. Last year we delivered over 2,600 counselling sessions and supported 525 clients who were involved with the criminal justice process in Brighton and Hove and East Sussex.
Jay Breslaw, Director of Survivors’ Network said: “Sexual violence and abuse can happen to anyone and we support people of all genders and ages along their recovery journey. We are really looking forward to showing the Duke and Duchess the impact of our work in Sussex.”
Find out more: http://www.survivorsnetwork.org.uk/