From a local event or festival to bringing a disused space back to life, West Sussex has a new way to fund and support local projects.
West Sussex Crowd is a new crowdfunding platform where you can share your community idea and offer neighbours, local businesses and other interested parties the opportunity to pledge their support to make your idea a reality. Ideas can now be uploaded at www.westsussexcrowd.org.uk
Debbie Kennard, Cabinet Member for Safer, Stronger Communities, said: “This is a really exciting time for groups and projects in West Sussex.
“If you have an idea which will benefit your community, whether it’s a renovation project, a festival or even equipment for a club, then upload it to West Sussex Crowd.
“Groups have already put started using the site and I hope we will see many more crowdfunding campaigns launch on there soon.”
West Sussex County Council is making £330,000 Community Initiative Fund available to pledge to projects on the site. This will replace its previous funding initiatives including the Small Grants Fund and the Members’ Big Society Fund.
Free events for groups with project ideas who would like to start crowdfunding will run in each District and Borough area during May. Places can be booked here:
- Mid Sussex Community Workshop, Monday 14th May, 10am – 12noon
- Chichester Community Workshop, Tuesday 15th May, 9.30am – 11.30am
- Horsham Community Workshop, Thursday 17th May, 10am – 12noon
- Crawley Community Workshop, Thursday 17th May, 2pm – 4pm
- Arun Community Workshop, Friday 18th May, 10am – 12noon
- Adur/Worthing Community Workshop, Friday 18th May, 2pm – 4pm
Those who have a project idea but are unable to attend an event are encouraged to register for one of these free webinars:
- Royal Society of Arts Online Crowdfunding Workshop (with Spacehive taking part), Thursday 19th April, 6pm – 7pm
- Spacehive’s Webinar: How to run an awesome crowdfunding campaign, Wednesday 25th April, 12noon – 1pm
To find out more and to upload your project to West Sussex Crowd, visit: www.westsussexcrowd.org.uk
If you have further queries about getting started or would like to discuss your project ideas, please email email@example.com