Social enterprise Life Water is giving away up to 380,000 free cans of their natural spring water to bike riders in Brighton. Today they are launching Rider Rewards as part of their headline sponsorship of the BTN BikeShare scheme. For every ride of 30 minutes or more, riders will get a notification to tell them how to claim their free reward.
Life Water has created the community scheme as part of an ongoing campaign to encourage a more sustainable lifestyle. Ice cold Life Water Cans will be available to collect from a variety of Brighton community businesses, throughout the summer. Rider Rewards stockists including Flour Pot Bakery, Bagelman, Infinity Foods, Happy Maki, Chilli Pickle, This Little Piggy, Metro-deco, Eden Cafe, Crocus Paella, Dead Good Burrito, Sandwich Masters, with more adding over the summer. Riders can also choose a £2 credit as an alternative to a reward to spend at any of the participating retailers.
Life Water’s Environmental Officer said “We hope everyone loves the cans of water and more importantly enjoys visiting our wonderful local independent businesses which make this city so unique. We wanted to do something to bring the city’s forward-thinking businesses and cyclists together, to encourage healthy, sustainable travel whilst providing sustainable hydration for everyone”
Tim Caswell, owner of Hourbike, the company operating BTN BikeShare said: “Sustainable and easy travel within Brighton is hugely popular within the community and it’s fantastic to now offer users additional rewards. With 380,000 rides last year, we think it will be a great thing for the riders and for the local businesses”.
To claim rewards, riders will be directed to a dedicated Rider Reward page on getawriggleon.com where they can generate a code and look on a map and claim their cold can of Life Water or alternative reward.
More about Life Bikes
The BTN BikeShare Life Bikes launched in 2017 and since then Brighton has seen over 500,000 trips. The system uses SoBi Smartbikes which are available for hire in central Brighton & Hove stretching along Lewes Road towards Brighton University and the University of Sussex. The fun and easy-to-use Life Bikes offer a great public transport option with docking stations and dock-less locking technology, perfect for residents and visitors.
More about Life Water and the Life Water Can
The Life Water Can is the UK’s first Zero Plastic Solution to water on the go. A more environmentally-friendly alternative to bottled water, this plastic free canned water was voted Best Water Drink 2018 by the World Beverage Innovation Awards.
- UK’s first, zero plastic, spring water solution.
- A more sustainable alternative to plastic bottles.
- Made from 70% recycled aluminium, 100% recyclable and BPA free.
- Locally sourced water from natural springs.
- Supported by Greenpeace, Eden Project, Kew Gardens and The BRIT Awards.
- Every Life Water Can provides clean drinking water projects across the world. Theseprojects are managed transparently, through partner charity drop4drop.org
- Life Water are partnered with Glastonbury Festival, who officially supplied the Life Water Cans across the weekend to help the festival eliminate plastic bottles on site for the first time: www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/plastic-drinks-bottles-will-not-be-available-at-glastonbury-2019/To get this can of Life Water for free, all you need to do is cycle for 30 minutes or more and you will receive a unique Wriggle code to your phone and email! For more information visit http://liferiderrewards.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org