Sussex Cricket in the Community is the charity focused brand of the Sussex County Cricket Club which aims to reflect the club’s community heritage and they will be releasing details of each of the five charities over the coming weeks.
The first charity the club supported was Macmillan Cancer Support, who were beneficiaries of an event ran in July called Where Cricket Meets….Boxing, with John Conteh as the guest speaker.
The Macmillan Horizon Centre is a £3.7million build to provide a safe haven for anyone in Sussex affected by Cancer to go. It will provide information and support from a team of specialists in a calm, friendly and welcoming environment – so no one has to face cancer alone.
The centre is a partnership between Macmillan, Sussex Cancer Fund and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, and will provide the following support:
• Specialist cancer information and advice
• Welfare benefits advice and questions about money
• Counselling and psychological support services
• Complementary therapies
• Physical activities
• Hair, skin and nail care and body image advice
• Practical support and befriending
• Dietary advice
• Self help and support groups
• Other support and social activities
• Transport information and advice
The facility is on target to open early in 2016 but for any more information about the centre please visit their website HERE.