Get to know the beautiful Sussex countryside with FREE guided walks in the South Downs National Park.
A series of free guided walks, organised by Wave Leisure Trust and the South Downs National Park Authority, are set to help people in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Seaford improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
The walks, running from July 31 to 9 November 2018, will take people to beautiful places close to their doorsteps in the South Downs National Park. They are designed to reduce stress and anxiety, increase cardiovascular fitness and improve mobility with trained leaders from Wave Leisure Trust on hand to help participants get the most out of the experience.
Participants can choose between several routes for different levels of fitness and experience. ‘Health Walks’ take between 90 minutes and two hours and ‘Rural Rambles’ last two to three hours.
Families are welcome and children under-16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants are advised to bring water and wear appropriate clothing and shoes suitable for walking on uneven paths in all weather.
Liz Allsobrook, Head of Community and Health Improvement at Wave Leisure Trust said “At Wave we provide support and guidance, enabling confidence and opportunities to participate in activity. Particularly for those wanting to make health improvements, physically, mentally and emotionally.
“Health Walks are a fantastic way to start that journey. Especially with the support of trained health walk leaders, who will be able to guide participants through the beautiful surroundings we have, within easy reach of the South Down National Park.”
Allison Thorpe, who leads on access & recreation for the South Downs National Park Authority, said: “No matter what your level of fitness or experience we have a walk for you in the South Downs. We can’t wait to show you the amazing places in the National Park, just a short walk from your doorstep.”
- Health Walks (1-1.5 hours) – First Thursday of each month, 11.00 am – 12.30pm. Starting and finishing at Seahaven Swim & Fitness Centre.
- Rural Rambles (2-3 hours) – Third Thursday of each month, 1.00pm – 4.00pm. Starting and finishing at Seahaven Swim & Fitness Centre.
- Health Walks (1-1.5 hours) – Last Tuesday of each month, 3.00pm – 4.30pm. Starting and finishing at Peacehaven Leisure Centre.
- Rural Rambles (2-3 hours) – Second Friday of each month, 10am – 1.00pm. Starting and finishing at Peacehaven Leisure Centre.
- Health Walks (1-1.5 hours) – First Wednesday of each month, 10.00am – 11.30am. Starting and finishing at various locations, contact Wave for details.
- Rural Rambles (2-3 hours) – Third Thursday of each month. Starting and finishing at various locations, contact Wave for details.
The full schedule of walks is available at www.waveleisure.co.uk.